Sunday, May 22, 2011

We are tired and hot


We are tired and hot, originally uploaded by Poodlematic.

Our humans took us walking when we went to Laingsburg last weekend. Laingsburg is a small town/village in the Karoo with not much in it. The Karoo is a large area with not much in it either.

It was my first time climbing up rocks. My sister Mia is smaller and lighter than me and she climbs like a mountain goat. My humans had to take me up a more gentle slope.

We climbed up a Koppie. In the language our humans speak, this means a small head, or a hill. Which is strange. Because I have now climbed up a head.

But it is was fun and there were lots of interesting smells. And huge piles of poo from either bokkies or dassies. And there were bones lying around which is very thoughtful for Poodle climbers.

When we got to the top, we needed to rest. Then we went home.

Babette

Via Flickr:
Babette and Mia rest on the ridge between 2 koppies, Laingsburg. First time hill-walking for Babette. Mia was a mountain goat in a previous life...

No comments:

Post a Comment