Monday, June 14, 2010

Learning to 'heel'

I am just loving this training stuff. This week we've been learning 'heel' and 'down'. I am already familiar with the 'down' command as my humutt had taught me this when I was much younger. However, to re-learn it with the funny metallic click and then get a treat, over and over again. Such joy! Sometimes I get all excited when I see the funny little blue plastic thing.

The 'heel' command is somewhat more challenging as there is so much out and about to keep my attention but somehow when I hear the word I tend to slow down and then that magic sound quickly followed by a treat. I am sooooo looking forward to Tuesday's training. Not having had a chance to chat to Mia today I can only assume that she's looking forward to it as much as I am.

Babette

No comments:

Post a Comment