Thursday, November 19, 2009

1,2,3,4. Who can that be at the door?


Mia is always the first to run to the front door. She is a very good guard dog and ferocious for a small Standard Poodle. She does tend to get a fright at the funniest things though - things like sticks and bits of stuff on the beach.

Charlie the Worsie will go 'wuuuu, wuuuuu, wuuuu' from wherever he is, being too old to sprint everywhere. We don't call him F.A.T, but he leans more towards the plus size of his kind, if you understand what this Poodle is telling you....

I tend to look in at the commotion with interest, being more reserved and ladylike than my tomboy sister. Every now and then I do get all barky and excited but then, I can tell the false alarms from the real visitors.

Tabby is the quietest of the four of us. She is not a very good guard cat and will not bark when people arrive or cars drive past. She seems to think that she can stare whatever it is into submission and doesn't understand the joy of barking at all. Cats are funny things really.

Babette

1 comment:

  1. I really love this specially now that I know that there is a c.a.t.

    ReplyDelete